Vegan Pot au Feu
PRESENTED BY COWBELL KITCHEN
- November 20th, 2017
Guests dining at Cowbell are enjoying the fresh, local vegetables and tasty tomato curry coconut sauce slowly baked in a cast iron casserole. We call it our Vegan Pot au Feu - and the feedback from Guests is amazing! This healthy, comfort food is perfect on a cold day.
Try this recipe at home, or come to the Cowbell Farm and let us make it for you! And be sure to share your pictures with us on Facebook and Instagram!
- 1 pound fresh vegetables
- 1 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 10 oz tomato sauce (without garlic is preferred in this recipe)
- ¾ tsp ginger powder, or 1 tsp fresh ginger
- ¾ tsp Old Bay spice mix or ½ tsp curry powder
- ¾ tsp mustard powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Valentina Hot Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut vegetables into bite size pieces and set aside.
3. For the sauce, mix remaining ingredients together in medium pot. Bring to simmer.
4. Blend sauce in blender.
5. In an oven ready dish, add the mixed vegetables and cover them with the sauce. You can use individual ramequins if you would like to individual servings.
6. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
This tasty vegan dish is best paired with a delicious Doc Perdue’s Bobcat West Coast Red Ale.