Reporting to the General Manager, Food & Beverage, the Bartender will provide exceptional guest experiences when serving food and beverages to valued guests. As frontline staff, the Bartender will provide table service to guests in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the General Manager, Food & Beverage, the duties and responsibilities of the Bartender include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to build professional relationships with guests and create an air of familiarity;
- Provide table service for guests which includes: promptly greeting guests, taking orders, answering menu and beverage inquiries, explaining daily; features, placing orders with kitchen and processing bills and taking payments;
- Take initiative in becoming knowledgeable in food and beverages being served;
- Performing opening and closing duties as assigned;
- Ensure the cleanliness and organization of work area; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Proof of an accepted COVID-19 vaccination in Canada is required: Our facility is open to the general public. Out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our team members and guests, we require that applicants show proof of an accepted COVID-19 vaccination in Canada;
- A minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of experience in food and beverage;
- Valid Smart Serve certification;
- Ability to work well under pressure with strong multitasking skills;
- A strong sales ability with the ability to describe and recommend menu items enthusiastically;
- Ability to maintain sense of urgency and momentum;
- Ability to work well as a team and support team members when required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong customer service disposition; and
- A strong attention to detail.
- Position may require long periods of standing and walking;
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- Required to work in a busy, open area which may result in constant interruptions; and
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.