Job Title: Director, Hospitality
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent. Evenings and weekends required.
Reports To: Executive Vice President of Hospitality and Government/Industry Relations
The Director, Hospitality is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the Hospitality Department at Cowbell Brewing Co., including the kitchen, bar, tour and service functions. This individual must have a passion for excellence, proven managerial experience in food & beverage, a strong culinary background, and expertise in hospitality operations. A passion and love for selling and creating memories for our guests, along with the discipline to deliver a world-class experience is of the utmost importance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that our guests receive high-quality food, best-in-class service, a memorable experience, and an overall affinity for the Cowbell brand.
- Manage all department and day-to-day operations within budget and to the highest standard with a hands-on approach. Hands-on shifts on the floor and in the kitchen are necessary to best manage, develop and staff various positions in the department.
- Create a positive departmental culture that inspires creativity and motivates employees to collaborate, develop their skills, and perform their best, resulting in long-range continued growth.
- Lead, mentor and train the Hospitality Management Team and ensure that the department is fully staffed. Conduct recruitment interviews as needed.
- Participate in the development of the Hospitality Management Team through personalized monitoring of each member and by proposing training actions to improve individual and team performance.
- Work closely with the service, bar and kitchen leaders to design menus, tours, event offerings and corporate experiences.
- Create department budget with EVP Hospitality, G&I Relations
- Review monthly profit loss statements with Executive Vice President of Hospitality and Government/Industry Relations and provide weekly feedback on staff performance, labour costs, COGs, and cost tracking vs. budget.
- Ensure restaurant maintenance, cleanliness, repair and improvements promoting maximum guest impression and experience, while ensuring a healthy, safe work environment for our teammates.
- Liaise with the Health Unit, AGCO and Ministry of Labour to ensure compliance with all legislated requirements and a clean and healthy working environment.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and industry partners.
- Communicate with all corporate departments regarding hospitality developments, special guests and groups, and advertising needs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University or College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management experience is required.
- 5-7 years previous experience in food & beverage department head position showing upward growth in more senior roles.
- Passion for the hospitality and experience industry along with strong knowledge of food & beverage
- Valid Smart Serve certification
- Strong skills in team building, leadership, and connection.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with professional appearance and conduct at all times
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of POS systems and the ability to quickly learn new software as needed (Cowbell uses Touchbistro, 7Shifts and Chase).
- Comfortable using MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Blyth Brewing & Distilling Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Blyth Brewing & Distilling Inc. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.