Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef will develop new menu items, maintain high standards and professionalism, support strategic research and development initiatives, recruit and train kitchen staff, and provide ordering and inventory support. Cowbell Brewing Co. requires focused, creative, motivated and dependable, team-oriented individuals, who have a passion for great food and service.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Executive Chef, the duties and responsibilities of the Sous Chef include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise production of food prep and food service to company standard;
- Maintain a professional and respectful kitchen environment;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the kitchen team;
- Understand and control the ordering of product and stock levels in order to maintain an accurate inventory;
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef and kitchen staff to develop new menu items and specials;
- Maintain a professional conduct and act as an example for the kitchen staff;
- Maintain the culture and expectations of the kitchen in absence of the Executive Chef; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A certificate or diploma in Culinary Arts or related field is preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in the food and beverage industry;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong customer service disposition;
- A passion for culinary arts and the food and beverage industry;
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- The ability to work well in collaborative teams along with the ability to take direction;
- Understanding of classical cooking techniques, seasonal ingredients, culinary trends, and proper execution of recipes; and
- Excellent comprehension of costing dishes, organizing prep, and inventory control.
- Position may require long periods of standing and walking
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- Required to work in a busy, open area which may result in constant interruptions;
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy; and
- Required to meet several deadlines which may cause stress.
How to Apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line, please cite the job title
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Blyth Brewing & Distilling Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Blyth Brewing & Distilling Inc. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.