Careers at Cowbell
Cowbell is a great place to work. We are passionate about contributing to the local community by providing new employment opportunities and helping grow the economy. Our values include the ingredients of ethical, environmental, and social responsibility — working together for a better community — and great beer! Browse our current job postings and reach out to us!
Retail Territory Manager
Reporting to the Director, Sales, the Territory Manager will manage the selling, distribution and delivery of beer for Toronto. The Territory Manager will deliver territory volume, share, distribution, and margin contribution targets by total territory, sales channel, and brand through leveraging commercial resources including, but not limited to, brands, programs, and systems. The Territory Manager will build and maintain the customer portfolio by continuously prospecting and closing new customers.View Full Posting
Under the supervision of the Director, Sales, the duties and responsibilities of the Territory Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build new and maintain existing relationships across all retail channels;
- Prospect new retail locations by conducting regular cold calls and in person meetings with high revenue outlets;
- Increase distribution across all retail channels through effective sales plans;
- Log daily activities in CRM;
- Work with Community Engagement Team to organize and conduct special events, tastings, and training to build brand awareness and in store Cowbell brand ambassadors;
- Use sales and marketing data to ensure right product mix and display presentation across all retail channels;
- Secure premium shelf and fridge placement to optimize Cowbell's brand presence;
- Lead promotional campaigns as needed and track success;
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Team to contribute to Cowbell's social media presence;
- Be available by phone and/or email to address store issues or concerns
- Maintain product rotation, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
We are Cowbell.
Cowbell’s leaders are resolute in the support of the values to which this company will aspire and honour, the kind of organic culture our workplace will develop, and the reputation for disciplined leadership and product excellence we will achieve together.
Cowbell is growing and so is the team. What also continues to grow is a strong and dynamic organic culture that underpins the four pillars at Cowbell: integrity, quality, community, and social responsibility. Everything we do is measured against these values to ensure that we are true to ourselves and what we would like to be when we grow up.
The values to which we ascribe influence everything we do, from branding to contractor selection. We will only work with qualified, tier one manufacturers, vendors, suppliers and trades and we will hold ourselves mutually accountable to established and measured best practices. This includes fully-implemented quality assurance, quality control and environmental protocols. Cowbell will be transparent in its initiatives.
IntegrityDefines our character.
QualityIn everything we do.
Social ResponsibilityLead by example.