Job Title: Accounting Representative
Job ID: 2020-19
Reports To: Director, Finance & Accounting
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Dreams are Bigger in Blyth.
As we continue to expand into LCBO locations, restaurants and pubs across Ontario, we are humbled by the call for ‘More Cowbell!’ Cowbell is growing and so is the team. What also continues to grow is a strong and dynamic organic culture that underpins the four pillars at Cowbell: integrity, quality, community, and social responsibility.
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Accounting, the Accounting Representative will be responsible for administering and processing all payable entries for Cowbell Brewing Co. The Accounting Representative will also be responsible for managing the restaurant, retail and store payments and activity recorded in QuickBooks Online.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director, Finance & Accounting, the duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage full cycle accounts payables, review and process bills, enter information into the accounting software, online file, and assist with the cheque run for review with the Manager, Accounts Payable;
- Manage daily payables inbox and respond to vendor inquiries as necessary;
- Reconcile and follow up with supplier statements;
- Reconcile data being entered from Shopify and Touch Bistro to QuickBooks;
- Reconcile payments received for retail, e-commerce and the restaurant;
- Manage all cash, reconciling floats, bank requests, deposits to bank;
- Create and develop ways to streamline processes;
- Maintain accurate electronic and paper files, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Demonstrated experience in an accounting role;
- Diploma or degree in Accounting or related field is preferred;
- Strong excel skills are required;
- Demonstrated experience with QuickBooks Online, Touch Bistro or Shopify is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience with the brewery, restaurant or retail industry is an asset;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Ability to work in a confidential manner;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong customer service disposition, and;
- Strong attention to detail with solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- There is opportunity for some days to be worked from home. Covid-19 protocols are constantly being evaluated and the amount of time working from home changes. Work from home will only be allowed once fully trained;
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy;
- Looking at a computer screen for long periods of time, and;
- Required to meet a number of deadlines which may cause stress.
How to apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: email@example.com
- In the subject line, please cite the job title and Job ID
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cowbell Brewing Co. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Cowbell Brewing Co. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.