events - toronto
Job Title: Events
Job ID: 2019-04
Reports To: Director, Community Engagement
Job Type: Part time, Casual
Work Location: Toronto, Ontario
Dreams are Bigger in Blyth. As we continue to expand into LCBO locations, restaurants and pubs across Ontario, we are humbled by the call for ‘More Cowbell!’ The Cowbell Farm in Blyth opened its doors in August, 2017 and our dream to have North America’s First Carbon Neutral Brewery is becoming an exciting reality. Cowbell is growing and so is the team. What also continues to grow is a strong and dynamic organic culture that underpins the four pillars at Cowbell: integrity, quality, community, and social responsibility.
Reporting to the Director, Community Engagement, the Events Team member must be an energetic, outgoing and charismatic individual. The Events Team member will be responsible for being a Cowbell brand ambassador at off-site events, LCBO tastings, and licensee events. This position is based out of Toronto, Ontario and the successful candidate would be working closely with the Toronto Sales Team.
Roles & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director, Community Engagement, the duties and responsibilities of the Events Team member include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attend a variety of festivals and events and interact with new and existing brand ambassadors;
- Ensure that each visitor receives an excellent guest experience and quality delivery through knowledge on all of Cowbell’s products, and is able to “tell the story” of our unique and local offerings;
- Maximize Cowbell’s on-site presence at events by setting up banners, event signage, tent, swag area etc.;
- Conduct contesting and guest engagement opportunities on location when required;
- Upkeep of event vehicle (fuel, propane, cleaning, supplies, update mileage and logbook, etc.); and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision;
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work most weekends including some weekdays and evenings;
- Computer knowledge of Google Drive and Microsoft Excel is an asset;
- Must be willing to take initiative and have good decision-making abilities;
- Valid Smart Serve certification;
- Must be reliable and punctual; and
- Positive attitude, friendly, personable with the public and a strong desire to achieve.
- Position may require long periods of standing and walking; and
- Position may require lifting and handling of heavy materials such as kegs.
- Position requires interaction with the public.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: email@example.com
- In the subject line, please cite the job title and Job ID
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cowbell Brewing Co. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Cowbell Brewing Co. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.