Job Title: Expeditor
Reports To: Chef
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Job ID: 2019-24
Dreams are Bigger in Blyth. As we continue to expand into LCBO locations, restaurants and pubs across Ontario, we are humbled by the call for 'More Cowbell!' The Cowbell Farm in Blyth opened its doors in August, 2017 and our dream to have North America's First Carbon Neutral Brewery is becoming a reality. Cowbell is growing and so is the team. What also continues to grow is a strong and dynamic organic culture that underpins the four pillars at Cowbell: integrity, quality, community, and social responsibility.
Reporting to the Chef, the Expeditor will support the culinary team with the efficient operation of Cowbell Kitchen Inc. The Expeditor must be a positive, enthusiastic, team-oriented individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment. The Expeditor will be responsible for maintaining a clean and organized kitchen area in order to run smooth service.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chef, the duties and responsibilities of the Expeditor include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Expedite food item in a timely and consistent manner;
- Ability to adhere to high standards of execution and presentation;
- Set up station with predetermined supplies required to run service smoothly;
- Practice sanitation and safety guidelines governing the safe storage and handling of food to avoid the possibility of contamination or spoilage;
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and working relations with all kitchen and front of house staff;
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of two (2) years working in the food and beverage industry;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong customer service disposition;
- Passion for culinary arts and food and beverage industry, and;
- Ability to work well in collaborative teams along with the ability to take direction.
- Position may require long periods of standing and walking;
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- Required to work in a busy, open area which may result in constant interruptions;
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy, and;
- Required to meet a number of deadlines which may cause stress.
How to Apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: email@example.com
- In the subject line, please cite the job title and Job ID
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cowbell Brewing Co. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Cowbell Brewing Co. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.