Job Title: General Accountant
Job ID: 2021-04
Reports To: Director, Finance & Accounting
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Dreams are Bigger in Blyth.
As we continue to expand into LCBO locations, restaurants and pubs across Ontario, we are humbled by the call for ‘More Cowbell!’ The Cowbell Farm in Blyth opened its doors in August 2017 and our dream towards becoming Canada’s destination craft brewery is becoming an exciting reality.
Cowbell is growing and so is the team. What also continues to grow is a strong and dynamic organic culture that underpins the four pillars at Cowbell: integrity, quality, community, and social responsibility.
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Accounting, the General Accountant will be responsible for handling and recording internal financial transactions as well as managing account entries, documents, payments and finances for the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director, Finance & Accounting, the duties and responsibilities of the General Accountant include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Full general ledger responsibility for subsidiary companies;
Monthly Reconciliations (Bank, Prepaid, Capital Assets, Accruals, Payables)
Daily record keeping (Intercompany balances, payables, bank transfers)
- Balance sheet account management and reconciliation for main operating company;
Bank Reconciliations, Prepaid Expenses, Capital Assets, Current Liabilities, Intangible Assets
- Point of sale system transactions and payment reconciliation;
Full management of Cowbell Restaurant & Cowbell Direct to Consumer accounting activity (reconciliation of payments, full cash handling responsibility, reconciling activity to accounting software)
- Cash flow forecasting and bank reconciliation;
Maintain accurate cash forecast for upcoming 12 weeks,
Manage bank activity (intercompany transfers)
- Submission and review of government remittances;
Beer Tax, Excise Duty, HST, etc.
- Develop and maintain a weekly KPI dashboard for the company;
- Constant evaluation of processes for improvement and efficiencies;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in accounting, or newly graduated CPA;
- Diploma or degree in Accounting or related field is preferred;
- Familiarity with corporate finances;
- Strong excel skills are required;
- Demonstrated experience with QuickBooks Online, Touch Bistro or Shopify is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience with the brewery, restaurant or retail industry is an asset;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Ability to work in a confidential manner;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong customer service disposition, and;
- Strong attention to detail with solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- There is opportunity for some days to be worked from home. Covid-19 protocols are constantly being evaluated and the amount of time working from home changes. Work from home will only be allowed once fully trained;
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy;
- Looking at a computer screen for long periods of time, and;
- Required to meet a number of deadlines which may cause stress.
How to Apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line, please cite job title and Job ID
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cowbell Brewing Co. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Cowbell Brewing Co. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.