Job Title: Director, Brewing Operations
Job ID: 2020-20
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Dreams are Bigger in Blyth. As we continue to expand into LCBO locations, restaurants and pubs across Ontario, we are humbled by the call for "More Cowbell!" Cowbell is growing and so is the team. What also continues to grow is a strong and dynamic organic culture that underpins the four pillars at Cowbell: Integrity, Quality, Community and Social Responsibility.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director, Brewing Operations is responsible for overseeing all aspects of brewing operations, including brewing, cellaring and quality control. The Director, Brewing Operations will support Cowbell’s core values and culture, while providing managerial leadership, operational excellence and accountability for all aspects of the brewing operations. The Director, Brewing Operations will have a strong focus on quality, health and safety and continuous improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer, the duties and responsibilities of the Director, Brewing Operations include but are not limited to, the following:
- Effective leadership skills with a strong focus on mentoring, developing and motivating employees;
- Coordinate all brewing activities to guarantee that all standards are met and exceeded;
- Spearhead the development and implementation of effective production strategies and processes;
- Collaborate with CDO and Brewing Team in the development of new beers and products to meet the innovation goals of the business;
- Management of beer innovation timelines as it relates to product development for LCBO and internal launch deadlines;
- Management of, and/or substantial participation in, the growth and development of the Cowbell property as it relates to brewing capacity, efficiency and quality;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills;
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems;
- Develop and manage departmental KPI’s;
- Analyze and report on the brewery’s daily, monthly and annual key performance indicators and industry trends.
- Ensure regulatory adherence at all levels of operation;
- As needed, work in other areas to support overall production needs;
- Build or refine detailed SOPs for all operations, and;
- Working in a safe and conscientious manner at all times.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of fifteen years of brewing and/or production experience;
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated leadership experience in a brewing or production related role;
- Strong understanding of brewing process from start to finish;
- Strong understanding of pumps, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems;
- Passion for craft beer;
- Chemistry, biology, or mechanical skills are an asset;
- Academic credentials in brewing;
- Wastewater treatment or side-streaming experience is an asset;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and;
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Position is in a publicly facing Destination Brewery with state-of-the-art equipment, and high standards for quality and cleanliness. Chosen applicant must be comfortable working in an open setting, and occasionally interacting with Cowbell’s guests. Real housekeeping skills are required;
- Position may require hosting, and/or participating in, events to share information related to Cowbell's brewing operation and beers;
- Position may require long periods of standing and walking;
- May be required to do some work in the evenings, weekends or outside normal working hours;
- Required to work in a loud, open area;
- May be required to lift heavy objects and complete tasks that are physically demanding, and;
- Required to meet a number of deadlines which may cause stress.
How to Apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: email@example.com
- In the subject line, please cite the job title and Job ID
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cowbell Brewing Co. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Cowbell Brewing Co. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.