Job Title: Host
Reports To: General Manager, Food & Beverage
Job Type: Full-time and part-time, permanent
Job ID: 2021-13
As we continue to expand into LCBO locations, restaurants and pubs across Ontario, we are humbled by the call for ‘More Cowbell!’ The Cowbell Farm in Blyth opened its doors in August, 2017 and our dream to have North America’s First Carbon Neutral Brewery is becoming an exciting reality. Cowbell is growing and so is the team. What also continues to grow is a strong and dynamic organic culture that underpins the four pillars at Cowbell: integrity, quality, community, and social responsibility.
Reporting to the General Manager, Food & Beverage, the Host will provide exceptional guest experiences when greeting valued guests to Cowbell Kitchen Inc. As frontline staff, the Host will greet, seat and take reservations from guests in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the General Manager, Food & Beverage, the duties and responsibilities of the Host include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to build professional relationships with guests and create an air of familiarity;
- Greet guests at the door, seat guests at the bar or dining area, clean tables upon guest departure, take reservations, communicate any relevant information to other staff, and process bills and payments when required;
- Take initiative in becoming knowledgeable in food and beverages being served; and
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience as a restaurant host/hostess is preferred;
- Ability to work well under pressure with strong multitasking skills;
- Ability to maintain sense of urgency and keep momentum;
- Ability to work well as a team and support team members when required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong customer service disposition; and
- A strong attention to detail
- Position may require long periods of standing and walking
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- Required to work in a busy, open area which may result in constant interruptions; and
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
How to Apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: email@example.com
- In the subject line, please cite the job title and Job ID
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cowbell Brewing Co. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Cowbell Brewing Co. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.