junior graphic designer
Job Title: Junior Graphic Designer
Job Type: Full time, temporary (maternity leave)
Reports to: Director, Marketing & Communications
Job ID: 2020-06
Dreams are Bigger in Blyth. As we continue to expand into LCBO locations, restaurants and pubs across Ontario, we are humbled by the call for ‘More Cowbell!’ The Cowbell Farm in Blyth opened its doors in August, 2017 and our dream to have North America’s First Carbon Neutral Brewery is becoming an exciting reality. Cowbell is growing and so is the team. What also continues to grow is a strong and dynamic organic culture that underpins the four pillars at Cowbell: integrity, quality, community, and social responsibility.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, the Junior Graphic Designer will create impactful designs according to brand guidelines that capture and promote Cowbell’s brand image. The Junior Graphic Designer will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team and closely with other departments to develop a variety of creative assets. The Junior Graphic Designer should have a passion for design and branding.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director, Marketing & Communications, the duties and responsibilities of the Junior Graphic Designer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create and develop assets for other departments within Cowbell;
- Develop licensee/POS asset templates;
- Update menus for Cowbell Kitchen on a weekly basis or as needed;
- Update graphics for bar, event and lobby screens;
- Develop graphics for various social media channels;
- Develop internal events asset templates, including tickets, coasters, mats, posters;
- Create presentation slide templates;
- Photography editing, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience;
- Educational background in Graphic design or related field;
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, in particular InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Basic After Effects and photography experience is an asset;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, in particular PowerPoint and Word;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of team members to launch projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and;
- Passion for design and branding.
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- Able to work on a computer for long periods of time;
- Required to work in a busy, open office area which may result in constant interruptions, and;
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
How to apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: email@example.com
- In the subject line, please cite the job title and Job ID
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cowbell Brewing Co. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Cowbell Brewing Co. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.