Reporting to the Director, Food & Beverage, the Restaurant Manager will support the overall success of Cowbell Kitchen Inc. by overseeing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant. The Restaurant Manager will have the passion and drive to provide exceptional guest experiences to all guests. The main function of the Restaurant Manager is to manage all front of house restaurant operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director, Food & Beverage, the duties and responsibilities of the Restaurant Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for training, development, and coaching of all front of house staff;
- Work with Human Resources to onboard all front of house restaurant staff;
- Lead by example by setting the standard for all employees to follow, while holding staff accountable for their performance and ensuring excellent guest experiences;
- Reinforce the restaurant core values and inspire the team daily;
- Assist in the recruitment, training and onboarding of new staff;
- Building and costing out a schedule to support business needs and manage labour targets; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements
- A certificate or diploma in Hospitality, Business, or related field is preferred;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a supervisory or management role in food and beverage;
- Valid Smart Serve certification;
- Passion for the hospitality industry along with a strong knowledge of food and beverage;
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with the ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong customer service disposition, and;
- Demonstrated knowledge of POS systems and the ability to quickly learn new software as needed.
- Position may require long periods of standing and walking;
- Work normal business hours of the restaurant, which include weekends and evenings, but may be required to do some work outside normal working hours;
- Required to work in a busy, open area which may result in constant interruptions;
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy, and;
- Required to meet a number of deadlines which may cause stress.
how to apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line, please cite the job title and Job ID
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cowbell Brewing Co. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Cowbell Brewing Co. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.