Job Title: Storyteller
Reports to: Chief Storyteller
Job Type: Part time, casual
Job ID: 2019-16
Reporting to the Chief Storyteller, the Storyteller is responsible for sharing Cowbell’s, the Sparlings’ and the community’s stories. The Storyteller provides a variety of guided tours of the Cowbell farm to guests.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief Storyteller, the duties and responsibilities of the Storyteller include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet all guests promptly at all scheduled tour times;
- Provide a variety of guided tours to Cowbell guests;
- Clearly and articulately provide information to guests in an engaging manner;
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the indoor and outdoor features of the facility, the village of Blyth, Huron County and the Cowbell story;
- Answer any questions that the guests may have;
- Remain calm, friendly, and enthusiastic at all times and de-escalate any tension with difficult guests, and;
- Keep the tour on schedule to ensure that other plans scheduled by the guests at Cowbell also remain on schedule.
Qualifications and Requirements
Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to address large groups of people in an enthusiastic, friendly and clear manner;
- The ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds;
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable;
- The ability to retain and reiterate factual information;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and;
- Excellent knowledge about points of interest within the village of Blyth and surrounding area.
- Position may require long periods of standing and walking;
- Work normal business hours but hours will be dependent upon business levels and number of tours booked;
- May require some “on call” shifts, and;
- Required to adapt to changing circumstances, which may cause stress.
How to Apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: email@example.com
- In the subject line, please cite the job title and Job ID
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Blyth Brewing & Distilling Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Blyth Brewing & Distilling Inc. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.