Frequently Asked Questions
1. Contact Information
General Inquiries: email@example.com
Event Bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Emergency Evacuation
A Fire Evacuation Plan in place.
3. First Aid Kits (Naloxone Kits)
First Aid Kits, including Naloxone nasal spray kits, are located in various locations throughout the building.
Cowbell is equipped with three defibrillators located throughout the building.
An Elevator located inside the main entrance connects the first and second levels.
6. Wi-Fi (Guest)
Password for Guests is available upon request.
7. Electric Car Charging Stations
Cowbell provides five electric car charging stations for public use while visiting Cowbell; 4 (four) 16kW Tesla chargers and 1 (one) 16kW Universal charger.
8. Employment Opportunities
9. Comments/ Concerns
We pride ourselves in providing a safe, accessible and memorable experience for every Guest who visits us at the Cowbell Farm. We understand that sometimes we may fall short - and when we do, we ask for your feedback. Please email your comments or concerns to email@example.com and we will reply as soon as possible.
Cowbell has created a place that allows for people of all ages and abilities to gather by ensuring that the Cowbell environment is as inclusive and barrier-free as possible. In 2019, Cowbell became the first brewery in Canada and the first restaurant in Ontario to be awarded the Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Gold Certification, achieving a 90% rating. Read more about Cowbell accessibility here.
11. Dietary Restrictions
Cowbell Kitchen offers a wide variety of dietary options, as indicated on our menu. Please advise your server know of any dietary restrictions you may have upon arrival and we will do our best to accommodate, and to provide you with the wonderful dining experience.
12. Birthdays and Special Occasions
The Cowbell team is thrilled to celebrate your special occasion with you and your loved ones. Please let our team know about your special day when booking your reservation, so we are able to help you celebrate Cowbell Farm style. Please note: due to high ceilings inside the building, helium balloons are prohibited.
13. Community Engagement
Cowbell contributes 5¢ from the sale of every pint and can, from the very first can of beer sold in May 2016, to be invested in specific projects at the four Ontario children’s hospitals. Cowbell also supports the hospital foundations through event participation and by raising awareness of the important and life-changing work of the remarkable people in these world-class hospitals. Proceeds from the Greener Pastures Community Fund will support life-enhancing programs to improve children’s health and well-being during their time in hospital. Funds raised also support the Grant and Mildred Sparling Centre at The Canadian Centre for Rural Creativity.
For donation and sponsorship inquiries, please email Alecia Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Huron County Health Unit prohibits animals or pets in food service areas, with the exception of Service Animals for Guests with disabilities. A Service Animal is defined as any animal that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, and can be identified as such. Guests entering our facility with a Service Animal will be required to provide documentation upon request.
Cowbell will provide a water dish upon request. Waste stations are located along the east side of the parking lot, with disposal bags and disposal canisters. If desired, pets may be tied to trees along the east side of the parking lot, or to fence posts on the outside of the southeast side of Mil’s Verandah.
15. Code of Conduct
Cowbell will not tolerate unsafe, abusive, unlawful or offensive conduct on the property; which includes any building and/or surrounding grounds. This conduct includes, without limitation:
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes or vaporizers) except in specifically designated areas;
- Violence, fighting, threatening, taunting, physical or verbal harassment;
- Making abusive, sexist, racist, offensive or obscene remarks or gestures;
- Disruptive, harmful or disorderly behaviour;
- Intoxication or any signs of impairment related to alcohol or drug consumption;
- Possession of alcohol by a minor or providing alcohol to a minor;
- Possession of alcohol not purchased on premises;
- Engaging in any commercial activity not authorized by Cowbell;
- Failure to comply with requests from Cowbell staff, including those related to Cowbell policies, operations or emergency response procedures, or;
- Any act which, in the opinion of Cowbell, presents a risk to the safety of Guests and/ or staff.
Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct is subject to sanction(s) at the discretion of Cowbell, which may include ejection, suspension of entry privileges, arrest, and banishment from Cowbell.
16. Alcohol Management
- No outside alcohol is permitted.
- Any Guest found inside the building with alcohol not purchased at Cowbell may be subject to immediate ejection.
- A person may not enter the building in an intoxicated state. Any person found on the property in an intoxicated state will be removed from the premises.
- Any person purchasing, possessing, or consuming alcohol must be 19 years of age or older, and must be able to produce acceptable photo identification, proving their age.
- ID/Identification (Acceptable Forms for Alcohol Purchase/Consumption)
Any person purchasing, possessing, or consuming alcohol must be 19 years of age or older and must be able to produce acceptable photo identification proving their age. Acceptable forms of photo identification at Cowbell are; a valid Driver’s License; Age of Majority Card; Armed Forces Card; Passport; Canadian Citizenship Card; MTO Issued Photo ID; Canadian Permanent Resident Card; Native Status Card.
17. Cannabis Policy
- Recreational use of cannabis marijuana or any other prohibited drug is strictly prohibited in the building and/ or surrounding grounds; including smoking areas, parking lots and vehicles. Any Guest found in violation will be subject to ejection.
- Guests will be permitted to consume cannabis marijuana for personal consumption only, if proper medical documentation is presented to the Food & Beverage Manager or security personnel.
- Edibles are illegal and the use of same is strictly prohibited. Any Guest found in violation of the above will be subject to ejection.
18. Drone Policy
Cowbell strictly prohibits the operation or use of aerial drones, remotely piloted aircraft systems, model aircraft, and remote control aircraft flown over the property. This prohibition includes drones filming or videotaping, as well as any drone used by media or journalists operating above Cowbell property. This prohibition on drone use extends to any drone launched or operated from Cowbell property, as well as drones launched from private property outside of the Cowbell property boundaries.
19. No Gang Colours/ No Gang Clothing
We are pleased to welcome everyone to the Cowbell Farm to enjoy our beautiful building, property and delicious Food & Beverage. We ask that No Gang Colours or Clothing are worn on the property to ensure all Guests feel welcome and comfortable.
20. Bag/Purse Policy (at on-site Cowbell events)
The Cowbell Bag Policy at on-site events, (ie. Shindig Concert Series) allows soft-sided bags and purses smaller than 14” X 14” X 6” into the building. All bags will be searched prior to entry. Cowbell is unable to store oversized bags or prohibited items. Medically necessary items are exempt and will be permitted after inspection.
21. Bank Machine
There is an ATM located on-site, near the entrance.
If you notice a spill or other housekeeping concerns while at Cowbell, please inform one of the Cowbell staff members.
23. Lost and Found
Cowbell has established a managed and secure lost and found service. The Lost and Found is located in the Host Desk. All items found will be given directly to any of the Food & Beverage Management Team. The found items will be logged, tagged and retained for a period of 90 (ninety) days, at which time they will be disposed of, if not claimed by the rightful owner.